Friday, February 28, 2020

WORDS OF ENCOURAGEMENT FOR TIMES OF SADNESS


“Don’t let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do.” – John Wooden

  • Tears are a river that takes you somewhere…tears lift your boat off the ground, carrying it downriver to someplace better.” – Clarissa Pinkola Estes
  • Though I feel pain, I am still my true self.
  • When I care about emotions, I am more capable of caring for others.
  • Change is the pathway to growth.
  • I will nurture my inner pain and listen to its message.
  • I did everything I felt was right at the moment; I have no need for regret.
  • I am not alone and I am not forgotten.
  • Asking for help makes me stronger.
  • From change comes great possibility.
  • I will listen to my sadness with patience and love.
  • My words, thoughts, and ideas are important to the world.
  • I am deserving of rest and rejuvenation.
  • The world outside my mind does not define me.
  • I am protected in love and kindness during this difficult time.
  • You are the sky. Everything else – it’s just the weather.” –Pema Chodron
  • Although I feel out of control, I am safe, cared for, and healthy.
  • The dangers of the past do not define who I am today.
  • I am not a burden to others, as they are not a burden to me.
  • For now, I will seek joy in the small moments.
  • I am deserving of self-patience and self-love.
  • The world needs to hear what I have to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Most Popular Post